Dry Erase Possibilities!

Have you ever tried Dry Erase paint? Okay, seriously, you should. Recently I completed a couple easy-peasy projects using this amazing paint.....

1. Dry Erase "Idea" board for my craft room
2. "Menu" board for my kitchen


Level: Beginner
Topic: Housewares
Time: Expect 1-4 Hours
The steps are so simple it barely needs a tutorial. What I would say is FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON THE CAN. Did you get that part that was in ALL CAPS????? Serioulsy, the paint will not cure accurately if you don't....how do I know this? Well silly, it's of course because I felt I was above the actual directions the first go around...didn't work out so spiffy!

At any rate, pick your project....

These are the products I used...can be puchased at any hardware store.


I painted a surface on my wall (to allow for a frame to be fitted aroud it...see the next photo).


I used an old art frame I found in my garage, but you can also build one yourself, or puchase one at any reputable craft store....

I then painted it....


I adore purple!!!!

Once the paint was dry I nailed it onto the wall, and Voila, a dry erase "IDEA" board had emerged!



But then...because I had extra paint left over (and it "expires" after 2 hours) I decided to paint my basement door that is in my kitchen....felt like it was the perfect spot for weekly menus, as well as a surface for my kids to create "reusable" artwork....

Turned out to be a pretty great investment! Give this paint a try and let me know your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I didn't even know they had dry erase paint! Let the creative juices flow... ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be great for the never-ending grocery list. Ya know, as you run out of something, just jot it down on the inside of a cabinet (well-hidden!) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool paint! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete