Supplies needed:
Envirotex Lite
Stir Stick
Fork
Spoon
Knife
Fabric napkin (or cut fabric to appear as napkin)
Cutting Mat
Rotary Cutter
Cutting Ruler
Glue Glun
Glue Sticks
TV Tray
Sanpaper (120 grid)
Let's get it started.....
Step 1: Sand down the tray to ensure that the paint will stick to the tray.
Step 2: Paint the tray - I used 3 coats
After 3rd coat.....
Step 3: Glue the napkin, Fork, Spoon & Knife on the tray....
Step 4: Mix epoxy (make sure to READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS first....no seriously...read it!) and pour onto prepared tray.
Allow to set for 72 hours......and Voila! A super fun tray for the kiddos!
Enjoy!
The use of resin in jewelry making, mixed media and paper arts continues to grow in popularity. Today, artists are using ETI’s products in many crafty ways and they will be showcasing these works of art on their new blog "Resin Crafts".
Check them out on:
Resin Crafts Blog
ETI on Facebook
ETI on Twitter
My goodness how cute is that! I helps that I have a slight obsession with spoons, forks, and knives (in decor) hahaha
ReplyDeleteReally cute idea! Your project turned out so fun!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Jen
I love how original this is. The silver wear just makes me happy.
ReplyDeleteThis turned out so darn cute! I love the color you used. What a great fun tray for your kids!
ReplyDeleteSaw you at Today's Creative Blog
I'm so sorry but I cant see what happens when you pour in the resin. Does it fill the whole tray?
ReplyDelete