One of my fav things to do is create appliqued tee's for little one's. Wanted to share with you some of my favorite one's to date (Designed by myself &
Erin Hannon). Appliques are very simple - come up with a design, find some great fabric (100% cotton works best), iron fabric to ultrabond lite, cut out design, iron on to garment and stich around for effect! The possibilities are vast when creating appliques - they're really great for fixing a stained shirt or pair of pants!
adorable!
ReplyDeleteThese are darling. I love to use applique, too.
ReplyDeleteAwww, our babies are so big now! :)
ReplyDeletenext project ;) Now that I've figured out how to use my sewing machine I'm on a roll - I just finished making a tree skirt last night :) Emily Smith
ReplyDeleteHow do you stop the applique from fraying? I have new grandchildren & would love to make some of these.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I don't mind the fraying; in fact, I prefer it! The more washes the more fraying! However if you prefer no fraying then I recommend using much tighter and longer stiches around the appliques. You can also use the liquid stich that prevents fraying.
ReplyDeleteHope this helps!
-Becky
www.liberatecrativity.com