Ugly Lamp gets a Makeover

To make a quick funky make over of a lamp, I rescued a lamp from the local salvage yard for $6....
Okay, the lampshade was less than to be desired so I removed that bad boy and set it aside for another project.

The base was made of a wood type material, so I sanded it down to rough it up prior to painting

Then I spray painted the base with my new fav color - Krylon Metallic Paint!


It took two full coats for a great finish.

Now for the lampshade..since the ugly one had to be removed! While at Lowe's they had all Christmas items 75% off, including their lampshades, so I got this bad boy for $1.25...no joke!!!!

I gently pulled off the holiday ribbon....

I then chose a great pink binding and blue quilt binding to easily glue gun onto the edges....


Super cute! Now to add it all together.....



C'mon, such a cheap and easy revamp on a lamp...gotta love it!

Get inspired today, Becky

1 comment:

  1. very cute - nice because you could totally customize for any room!

    ReplyDelete